Kitchen Floor Tile
Choosing Made Easy
Kitchen Floor Tile is a great way of decorating your kitchen floor. The fact that there is an end less supply of new designs of tiles makes it that much more flexible for you to choose a flooring aligning with your taste.
Tiles are becoming popular now days and not for nothing. They offer a variety of designs, accentuate the finish of the floor and stay lustrous for years together. There are a lot of materials that the modern kitchen floor tile is made of. You must keep in mind the tile material while choosing for your kitchen because it will depend on the type of usage your floor is subjected to.
When it comes to designing the floor you can go for pre designed tile blocks or you may use different blocks to make a unique original pattern by arranging them in a certain sequence. The beauty of a plain tile floor can be accentuated by providing a border of color tiles. Similarly you can play around with various design combinations possible and trust me there are many.
Materials for Kitchen Floor Tile
There are a wide variety of materials that are used for manufacturing floor tiles. Selecting the appropriate tile material is mainly governed by the requirement of the floor. For example a living room or kitchen would have a different set of floor strength requirements as compared to the store room. On the other hand when it comes to aesthetics you would wish to have an expensive and beautiful floor for your living room as that is what will be most visible to you and your visitors. You may do away with a strong and may be not so visually appealing for your floor.
Thus choosing kitchen floor tiles asks for some time and knowledge of the materials the tiles are made of. Here is a compilation of the materials that are commonly used for manufacturing kitchen tiles.
- Asphalt Tile
- Brick Tile
- Carpet Tile
- Cement Tile
- Ceramic Tile
- Clay Tile
- Cork Tile
- Glazed Tile
- Glazed Porcelain Tile
- Granite Tile
- Inlaid Tile
- Marble Tile
- Metal Tile
- Mexican Tile
- Mosaic Tile
- Paver Tile
- Porcelain-Granite Tile
- Quarry Tile
- Resilient Tile
- Rubber Tile
- Slate Tile
- Solid Vinyl Tile
- Stone Tile
- Terra Cotta Tile
- Terrazzo Tile
- Vinyl Composition Tile
- Wood Tiles
Kitchen Floor Installation Tips
Here are some tips for you to take up your floor tile installation project
- Do you intend to take up the kitchen floor tiling project all by yourself or you wish to get it done by a professional? This is quite an important decision and can turn out to be crucial. If you are comfortable handling basic equipments like carpenter’s level, measuring tape and straight edge then you may consider taking up the project yourself. However if you are not then its better to look for a competent professional.
- Take a look at the types of tiles available in and around your area. Decide on the material you want to go with. Select the design you would like to have in your kitchen.
- Measure the kitchen floor area and estimate the number of tiles you will need. It’s a good idea to order the entire lot of tiles. Make sure you get 10 percent tiles extra to account for any breakage in the installation process.
- Arrange for the instruments that you will need for installing the kitchen floor tile. Most of them can be rented from your local supplier. Equipments like tile cutters, trowels and tile nippers are bare essentials needed for any floor tiling project.
- In case you are hiring a contractor then do some research on his past projects and enquire about his credentials. Selecting a good professional can make your life easy going forward.
Hope the kitchen floor tile you choose keeps up to your expectations in terms of style and utility.
Return form Kitchen Floor Tile to Kitchen Designs Hub home